Christmas for the Grandparents is a non-profit fundraiser for the benefit of the lolos, lolas and staff of Luwalhati ng Maynila. Luwalhati is a home for the aged which serves elderly Filipinos who have been abandoned or voluntarily surrendered by their families. Despite being a government-owned facility, they are in dire need of supplies and your support.
Read more about Luwalhati ng Maynila and the Christmas for the Grandparents initiative here.
DONATION PERIOD IS FROM NOVEMBER 25-DECEMBER 16
How to Donate
- Meet up in Ateneo, Katipunan Ave, UP or SM North EDSA. Schedule your meet up by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: “Christmas for the Grandparents – Donation.” Karsie Lorenzana, Lexa Lim and I will be going around school with piggy banks and donation forms!
- Feel free to donate either monetary support or gifts in kind. All gifts are appreciated!
What happens when I donate?
- You’ll sign your name to a donation record sheet. This is so we can keep track of every peso and item–none will go to waste!
What happens after I donate?
- The Christmas for the Grandparents team will pool the collected funds every Friday and deposit it in a safe.
- All cash donations will be used to buy diapers, shampoo and soap for Luwalhati ng Maynila. The gifts will be purchased at wholesale prices, so you can be sure your donation goes a long way.
- You will be sent e-mail updates of Christmas for the Grandparents’ progress.
- You’re welcome to join us when we deliver the goods to Luwalhati! Let’s make it a Christmas party for the lolos and lolas!
- You can email email@example.com with the subject heading “Christmas for the Grandparents – Questions”
Remember–there’s no such thing as “can’t” or “too little.” An adult diaper costs only P15, while a bar of soap goes for P30. Sometimes, a little is all you need. Donate now! :)